At Barkley Massage & Chiropractic in Bellingham, WA, we look forward to helping you heal and relax through therapeutic massage. These massage techniques have many health and wellness benefits and may even help to relieve your stress, anxiety, and depression.
What Is Therapeutic Massage?
Therapeutic massage covers a range of techniques designed to promote your body’s natural healing ability. This type of massage therapy is often used in conjunction with medical treatments to address different complaints or injuries thoroughly. Your massage therapist can work with your chiropractor to help reduce pain and help soft tissues heal.
Benefits Of Therapeutic Massage
- Relieve Stress
- Stimulate Natural Healing
- Stimulate Healthy Blood Flow
- Increase Flexibility
- Reduce Anxiety
- Pain Control & Reduction For Chronic Injuries
- Increased Respiratory Function
Medical Vs. Relaxation Massages
When considering a massage, should you choose one for medical purposes or relaxation? What’s the difference? A doctor often prescribes therapeutic massages as part of a treatment plan. Relaxation massage does not require a prescription.
There is no limit to the number of times you can receive a massage. As a result, therapeutic massages can be useful for both medical and relaxation purposes.
6 Common Types Of Therapeutic Massage
- Swedish Massage: is what a lot of people think of as massage; this is the flowing kneading type of massage and focuses on relaxation and minor pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage: is like Swedish massage but uses more pressure and is suitable for people with chronic muscle soreness
- Sports Massage: is used to treat sports injuries and may help prevent those injuries in the future.
- Trigger Point Massage: is used to treat chronic pain, and while it focuses on the specific areas of your body, your whole body is worked on by the massage therapist.
- Prenatal Massage: caters to the areas of the body that pregnant women often struggle with during pregnancy, lower back, legs, and hips.
At Barkley Massage & Chiropractic, we specialize in several therapeutic massage therapies including deep tissue, Swedish, sports massage, trigger point massage, and injury massage. We invite you to let our licensed massage therapists help you relax and heal.
Schedule An Appointment In Bellingham
Servicing the Bellingham, WA area, our Barkley Massage & Chiropractic therapists look forward to meeting you. Why wait to start feeling better? Contact us today to schedule an appointment.